CNN Site Map for Section Africa (Galleries) for April - 2012
- 2012-04-26A lion faces off with a crocodile. An apex predator, lions eat a broad range of hoofed mammals, including zebras, antelopes, gazelles, wildebeest, warthogs, giraffes and buffalo -- even rhinoceroses, hippopotamuses and elephants on occasion. They also eat
- 2012-04-26Charles Taylor, leader of the rebel National Patriotic Front of Liberia (NPFL) waves to recruits 28 May 1990 upon seizing the port of Buchanan, 200 kms (120 miles) from the capital Monrovia.
- 2012-04-25Thousands of people fleeing the bitter conflict in the border areas of Sudan and South Sudan have found a temporary home in the Jamam refugee camp.
- 2012-04-17A lion walks through the Pafuri game reserve in South Africa's Kruger National Park. Tracker Renias Mhlongo was born under a tree in the park.
- 2012-04-13An adult mountain gorilla. There are less than 800 of the species living in the wild. Although endangered, their numbers are increasing.
- 2012-04-13Thomas Hampson, otherwise known as "America's Baritone," is seen here performing at the Waldolf Astoria in New York City. Having sung in more than 70 opera roles over a career that began in the early 1980s, Hampson is today regarded as one
- 2012-04-12The famous mosque at Sankore, part of Timbuktu's medieval university. The mosque's sanctuary was proportioned to match the Kaaba at Mecca, which had been measured with a rope during a pilgrimage.
- 2012-04-08In Central Chad the millet crop, a national staple, has failed in many areas. 'We couldn't even eat the seeds' one woman told CNN.
- 2012-04-06Inside Africa's Errol Barnett trains with Team Rwanda.
- 2012-04-05From Lagos to Johannesburg and Nairobi, many Africans face traffic jams and high costs in their daily journey to get to work.
- 2012-04-02Maria Mabjaia, 14, won the bronze medal in the women's laser radial sailing event at the All-Africa Games last year.