CNN Site Map for Section Africa (Galleries) for January - 2012
- 2012-01-17A boy jumping over a burning tyre on a street in Nigeria where protests against the removal of fuel subsidy have raged since 3 January.
- 2012-01-16Seth Owusu founded the Entire Village Computers Organization (EVCO) in 2004 in a bid to improve computer literacy in his native Ghana and other African countries.
- 2012-01-13Victoria Falls, on the border between Zambia and Zimbabwe.
- 2012-01-13The magnificent Victoria Falls are on the border of Zambia and Zimbabwe.
- 2012-01-12This satellite imagery shows the central part of the city of Garowe, Somalia. The picture on the left was taken in February 2002, the image on the right was taken in July 2009.
- 2012-01-10The International Energy Agency says that 1.3 billion people around the world still live without access to electricity. In most cases, kerosene lamps are used to meet lighting needs.
- 2012-01-10The Zanzibar Butterfly Centre funds local development projects and helps conserve local forests.
- 2012-01-10Egyptian Khaled Abol Naga is an actor with matinee idol good looks and a social conscience to match. The film star turned activist, known by many fans as "Egypt's Brad Pitt," was part of the revolution that swept through his country last ye
- 2012-01-10Protesters took to the streets on Monday, January 9, in a nationwide strike against the Nigerian government's decision to take away fuel subsidies.
- 2012-01-06Union and civil rights activists march in Lagos, Nigeria, to protest the removal of petrol subsidies by the government.
- 2012-01-05Main One Cable lands in Lagos, Nigeria -- the fiber-optic cable has a capacity of 1.92 terabits a second.