Here's what else you need to know to Start Your Week Smart.
The weekend that was
• House Speaker Nancy Pelosi made an unannounced trip to the Ukrainian capital of Kyiv on Saturday, becoming the most senior US official to meet with President Volodymyr Zelensky
since the war broke out more than two months ago.
• Beijing has banned all restaurant dining, shut down Universal Studios and ordered residents to provide proof of a negative Covid test to enter public venues in a major escalation of restrictions
as a five-day holiday gets underway.
• Up to a quarter million Ford Explorers are being recalled due to a mechanical problem that can cause the SUV to roll away while it's parked
, according to documents from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.
• A powerful tornado tore through the Wichita, Kansas, area Friday night, leveling dozens of structures
in the city of Andover, according to officials.
• Country music legend Naomi Judd -- one half of the duo The Judds -- has died, her daughter Ashley Judd announced yesterday. She was 76
The week ahead
Primary elections are set to kick off across Ohio and Indiana on Tuesday. In Ohio, an open-seat Senate race
created by Republican Sen. Rob Portman's retirement, along with the gubernatorial race, will offer the latest test of whether Democrats can still win in the Buckeye State -- or whether Ohio's battleground status will continue to fade. Indiana voters will also find a Senate and House race on their primary ballots.
And Happy Teacher Appreciation Day! Thank you to all the teachers who are making a difference every day. Here are some ways to celebrate your favorite teachers