April 15, 2022
A subtropical system stalls over South Africa, bringing tremendous amounts of rain and flooding to the eastern part of the country. Events in Eastern Europe threaten to deepen food insecurity in nations thousands of miles south. A new study suggests benefits to even limited exercise. And a meteor that arrived on Earth years ago might’ve originated outside the solar system.
1. What is the name of the Ukrainian power plant (the site of the worst nuclear accident in history) where Russian troops might have been exposed to high levels of radiation?
2. In what Chinese city, which is the nation’s most populous, have strict Covid policies apparently contributed to shortages of food?
3. Tuesday’s show discussed a recent, live-fire training exercise by U.S. and European troops in what nation, which is a member of NATO?
4. The world’s busiest airport saw more than 75 million passengers in 2021, as travel increased from 2020. Name this airport or the city where it’s located.
5. A childhood home of what famous pop star recently went up for sale in Pennsylvania, listing for $1 million?
6. Between March 2021 and March 2022, the U.S. inflation rate rose by what percentage, its highest since December 1981?
7. What is the Greek mythology-inspired name of NASA’s upcoming moon missions, which have seen setbacks and delays as they aim to return humans to the moon in 2025?
8. What does the “E” stand for in E15 gas, which the U.S. government hopes will ease soaring gas prices though critics say the impact will be very limited?
9. On what mysterious planet did astronomers recently detect dramatic temperature changes, leading to new questions about the gas giant’s environment?
10. In what country did a subtropical storm system named Issa dump several months’ worth of rain this week, leading to widespread flooding and destruction?
Click here to access the printable version of today’s CNN 10 transcript
CNN 10 serves a growing audience interested in compact on-demand news broadcasts ideal for explanation seekers on the go or in the classroom. The show’s priority is to identify stories of international significance and then clearly describe why they’re making news, who is affected, and how the events fit into a complex, international society.
Thank you for using CNN 10