This page includes the show Transcript
The Weekly Newsquiz tests your knowledge of events in the news
April 8, 2022
This Friday’s show begins with a trio of headlines: One concerns an island-wide power outage in Puerto Rico; one reports on the confirmation of a new U.S. Supreme Court justice; and one involves new penalties against the nation of Russia. An explanation of potential war crimes follows. And we’re reporting on the opening of the world’s skinniest skyscraper..
1. Concerning the issue of immigration, the U.S. government recently announced it would remove a 2020 Covid policy known by what title?
2. Name the California mountain range whose snowpack level is 38 percent of where it normally is at this time, deepening concerns about the state’s ongoing drought.
3. What economic measurement – the percentage of American workers who don’t have a job – recently decreased to 3.6 percent, which is .1 percent higher than it was before the Covid pandemic?
4. U.S. census records from what year, which was the last year when census workers went door-to-door to gather information, were just posted online?
5. Troops from what nation have been accused of committing war crimes in the Ukrainian city of Bucha, though their country says the video evidence is “fake” and “staged”?
6. What U.S. government health agency, which was established in 1946, recently announced it will have its processes reviewed and make changes to better accomplish its mission?
7. Deutsche Bank recently warned that because of high inflation (and the expected response to it), the U.S. economy was in danger of what kind of contraction?
8. What kind of celestial event occurred on Earth this week after a coronal mass ejection on the sun in early March?
9. For the first time in a laboratory setting, scientists recently observed a dramatic color change in what kind of aquatic animal?
10. Name the U.S. Supreme Court nominee who was confirmed to the high court on Thursday by a vote of 53-47 in the U.S. Senate.
Click here to access the printable version of today’s CNN 10 transcript
CNN 10 serves a growing audience interested in compact on-demand news broadcasts ideal for explanation seekers on the go or in the classroom. The show’s priority is to identify stories of international significance and then clearly describe why they’re making news, who is affected, and how the events fit into a complex, international society.
Thank you for using CNN 10