This recipe is featured in the CNN story "You might already be following the Mediterranean diet with these easy kitchen swaps." Michelle Dudash is author of "The Low-Carb Mediterranean Cookbook: Quick and Easy High-Protein, Low-Sugar, Healthy-Fat Recipes for Lifelong Health."
(CNN)This 30-minute recipe is light and satisfying, offering a nice crunch from the pistachios. This flavor profile would also work great on other seafoods available, like salmon, trout and tilapia.
- 3 tablespoons (45 milliliters) extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 lemon, zest finely grated, then fruit cut into wedges
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound (455 grams) cod or pollock fillet, cut into 4 pieces
- 1⁄3 cup (37 grams) roasted and salted shelled pistachios, finely chopped