This recipe is featured in the CNN story "You might already be following the Mediterranean diet with these easy kitchen swaps." Michelle Dudash is author of "The Low-Carb Mediterranean Cookbook: Quick and Easy High-Protein, Low-Sugar, Healthy-Fat Recipes for Lifelong Health."
(CNN)This savory dip is a crowd-pleaser. I served this to my gaggle of girlfriends for a pre-dinner wine and snack meet-up during an active tennis vacation, and it was so easy to throw together while feeling oh-so Mediterranean, fresh, healthy and light. 1 pan + 9 women = gone.
- 1 container (8-ounce [227 grams]) hummus, like classic, roasted red pepper or lemon flavor
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled and diced (leave the seeds in if they are small)
- 1 cup (150 grams) sliced cherry tomatoes
- 3 scallions, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup (75 grams) crumbled feta
- 1⁄4 cup (25 grams) sliced olives, such as kalamata
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano or Italian seasoning
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons (30 milliliters) extra-virgin olive oil