Start your week smart: Nobel Prize ... Women's March ... Coronavirus ... Afghanistan ... Miya Marcano
Updated 9:11 AM ET, Sun October 3, 2021
A California couple visiting an Arkansas state park found a 4.38-carat diamond on the ground. "I didn't know it was a diamond then, but it was clean and shiny, so I picked it up," the wife said. Here's what else you need to know to Start Your Week Smart.
The weekend that was
- Women marched in support of reproductive rights after a restrictive anti-abortion bill went into effect in Texas.
- Seafarers, truckers and other workers who keep global supply chains moving are warning of a system collapse.
- Florida authorities found a body believed to be Miya Marcano, 19, who was last seen a week ago in Orlando.
- A 10-year-old died of Covid-19 days after contracting the virus. Here's what her parents want others to know.
- An explosion ripped through a crowd outside a Kabul mosque, leaving several civilians dead, a Taliban spokesman said.