This page includes the show Transcript
The Weekly Newsquiz tests your knowledge of events in the news
September 24, 2021
A standoff over the U.S. debt ceiling headlines our show this Friday. After a report on that, we’re taking you to Thailand for a view of a centuries-old fishing tradition. Also featured: efforts to reduce food spoilage in Nigeria and some highlights of a robotics conference in China.
1. The U.S. military recently called a failed drone strike a “horrible tragedy of war.” In what nation did it take place?
2. The Del Rio International Bridge, which is the scene of a recent surge of migrants, connects Mexico with what U.S. state?
3. Name the Spanish island chain off the northwest coast of Africa that is home to La Palma and its erupting Cumbre Vieja volcano.
4. Tuesday’s show covered one woman’s efforts to preserve what kind of unique fish, which strongly resembles a land mammal (though the fish is much smaller)?
5. What is the name of the organization whose 76th annual meeting is taking place at its headquarters in New York?
6. As featured on Wednesday’s show: What kind of spending contributes the most to America’s gross domestic product (GDP)?
7. Name one of the two requirements for international travelers planning to fly to the U.S. when its government’s new rules take effect in November.
8. As far as the sun is concerned, what happens during an equinox?
9. What is the only part of the U.S. government that is able to raise its debt ceiling (the amount the government is allowed to borrow)?
10. What is the most-populated nation in Africa, where cold-storage units are being used to help reduce food spoilage?
CNN 10 serves a growing audience interested in compact on-demand news broadcasts ideal for explanation seekers on the go or in the classroom. The show’s priority is to identify stories of international significance and then clearly describe why they’re making news, who is affected, and how the events fit into a complex, international society.
Thank you for using CNN 10