Locked down elderly in rural French village find some parallels with World War II
Updated 1:20 PM ET, Fri March 27, 2020
Chat with us in Facebook Messenger. Find out what's happening in the world as it unfolds.
(CNN)The streets of Paris are empty. The theaters and cinemas are dark. The cafes and restaurants shuttered. Museums closed. The parks and playgrounds deserted. The government has so ordered. Everyone you meet eyes you with suspicion. Is this the person who is going to infect me? Am I going to infect this person? Above all, the atmosphere here is very, very sad.
- When social distancing extends to the birth of your child by Saskya Vandoorne
- French villagers find parallels with World War II by Jim Bittermann
- Mass and brunch online: My new Sunday by Michelle Krupa
- Quarantined away from my family ... in the same house by Martin Savidge
- Sorrow and gratitude in the American twilight by Thomas Lake