This page includes the show Transcript
The Weekly Newsquiz tests your knowledge of events in the news
November 22, 2019
Uncertainty weighs on Israel’s government following political deadlock and the announcement of formal charges against its prime minister. After reporting on that, we’re taking a tour of one of the venues of the 2022 World Cup. And we’re featuring a couple food-related news stories ahead of Thanksgiving.
1. In addition to eye and back problems, a new study (detailed on Monday’s show) suggests that reverse blood flow and blood clots could be health concerns for people hoping to do what?
2. In what Italian city are officials assessing the damage from a recent high tide that’s believed to be the second-highest in the city’s history?
3. What Middle Eastern nation, a theocratic republic, has recently seen nationwide protests amid rising gas prices, economic problems, supply shortages and high unemployment?
4. In what European country have biologists blamed habitat loss as the main reason behind significant declines in large moth and butterfly populations?
5. This week, the U.S. government made a shift in policy concerning Israeli settlements in what disputed territory?
6. Wednesday’s show explored the upsides and downsides of products made by Beyond Meat and Impossible Foods, which offer plant-based alternatives to what?
7. Where would you find three-quarters of the world’s freshwater and about 10 percent of its total land area?
8. What involuntary contraction of the diaphragm may help babies learn to control their breathing, as suggested by a new study out of University College London?
9. Name the prime minister of Israel, who was recently charged in criminal investigations though he denies any wrongdoing.
10. Dean Foods, a company that recently filed for bankruptcy protection, is America’s largest producer of what?
CNN 10 serves a growing audience interested in compact on-demand news broadcasts ideal for explanation seekers on the go or in the classroom. The show’s priority is to identify stories of international significance and then clearly describe why they’re making news, who is affected, and how the events fit into a complex, international society.
Thank you for using CNN 10