Published 10:45 PM EST, Wed November 20, 2019
Prince Andrew, the British royal under intense scrutiny for his decades-long friendship with sex offender Jeffrey Epstein, has announced that he will be pulling back from public duties.
Through a statement released on Wednesday, November 20, the Duke of York said that the association "has become a major disruption to my family's work and the valuable work going on in the many organizations and charities that I am proud to support."
His statement comes just days after a controversial interview in which he denied allegations that he had sex with an underaged woman who said she had been trafficked by Epstein.
Andrew, the second son of Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Philip, is eighth in line to the British throne.