(CNN)A 19-year-old Washington State University student died at a fraternity house on Tuesday. A day earlier, a fraternity member at Arizona State University was found dead in his room, and a San Diego University student died Friday after attending a fraternity event.
3 fraternity deaths at 3 schools in a week draw renewed scrutiny on Greek life
Three fraternity-related deaths in less than a week have brought renewed scrutiny on Greek life at campuses across the country.
This is what we know about the most recent cases:
Tuesday's morning death may be alcohol-related, police in the southeastern city of Pullman said in a statement.
The death occurred at the Alpha Tau Omega fraternity house, where police officers and medics responded to treat a fraternity member who appeared to be unconscious and not breathing, according to police.
Fraternity members performed CPR until medics arrived but freshman Samuel Martinez had died, police said.
The fraternity's national office said the chapter was cooperating with authorities in the investigation.
"Alpha Tau Omega mourns the death of a member who passed away overnight," the fraternity said in a statement Tuesday, adding that counselors were offering students "assistance and support."
The national fraternity said it planned to send a team to the school "to work with chapter members and assist the university and law enforcement as needed."
A preliminary investigation indicated Martinez's death may be related to alcohol, Pullman police said.
"I don't believe that hazing was a factor in this incident, and it just was an unfortunate alcohol overdose," said Jake Opgenorth with Pullman police.
The Whitman County Coroner will determine the official manner and cause of death, said police, adding that the investigation is ongoing.
Ivan Aguirre, 20, was found dead in his room at the Greek Leadership Village at Arizona State University on Monday, school officials said in a statement.
Police are investigating and foul play is not suspected at this point, according to the statement.
Officials have not said how Aguirre died.
The school said hazing was not a factor in the death, CNN affiliate KTVK reported.
Aguirre's family identified him in a GoFundMe set up by his father and uncle.
"Ivan had a large family and many friends who loved him dearly. His sense of humor didn't have an off switch and he was a source of pride to the Aguirre family for his intelligence, respectful nature, loyalty, celebrity good looks, charm, athleticism and unlimited potential," the GoFundMe page said. "He was excelling academically at ASU and was on track to greatness in life."