Here’s what you might have missed Friday on CNN:
– Family, friends and colleagues celebrated the life of Rep. Elijah Cummings at his funeral service.
– Two more people were arrested on suspicion of trafficking and manslaughter after 39 victims were found in an Essex truck container.
– Eight Russian servicemembers were killed at a military base in Siberia. Here’s what we know.
– The first Russian citizen convicted of crimes relating to the 2016 election was released from prison in Tallahassee, Florida after serving 15 months.
– Kanye West released his new album, “Jesus is King,” after fans eagerly waited.
– Young climate activist Greta Thunberg now shares a name with a new species of beetle. Here’s what inspired a scientist to use her name.
– Russian President Vladimir Putin hosted a group of Africa’s leaders at a Black Sea resort. Earlier in the week he signed a deal on the future of Syria with Turkey’s leader.
– Maria Shriver, a journalist, author and Arnold Schwarzenegger’s ex-wife, encourages everyone to put away cellphones and have more meaningful conversations.