Khashoggi's son denies settlement reached over father's murder

Salah (right) and Abdullah Khashoggi (left) in an interview with CNN's Nic Robertson last year.

(CNN)Salah Khashoggi, the son of slain Saudi journalist Jamal Khashoggi, has denied reports that a settlement has been reached between his family and the Saudi government over his father's murder.

"Currently, the trial is taking place and no settlement discussion had been or is discussed," Salah said in a statement he posted on his Twitter account on Wednesday. "The people who committed and were involved in this crime will all be brought to justice and face punishment."
Earlier this month, a source told CNN that Khashoggi's family have received millions of US dollars in cash and assets as compensation for the killing. They could also receive so-called "blood money" payments under the Saudi justice system.
Salah, who as the eldest son handles the family's relations with the government, has been given a large home in Jeddah, where he works as a banker, the source said. His brother, Abdullah, and two sisters have been given houses together in a different compound.
    Salah Khashoggi (third from the right) and his relatives receive mourners at an events hall in the Saudi coastal city of Jeddah on November 16, 2018.