Here’s what you might have missed Thursday on CNN:
– About 75% of the US will suffer below-freezing temperatures this week. But the deep freeze is only half of the story.
– The United States and the Taliban agree in principle to framework for a peace deal, US envoy says.
– CNN’s undercover report finds Venezuelans struggling to stay alive as street protests and lines for bread send a troubling message to the embattled government.
– Advances in artificial intelligence could allow fake video and audio – known as “deepfakes” – to be easily created. The Pentagon is preparing for that future.
– Tom Brokaw tries to put out the fire he started with comments about Hispanics and assimilation.
– These are the members of Congress who are seeking a deal on border security and Trump’s wall now that government has reopened.
– It didn’t take some viewers five hundred twenty-five thousand six hundred minutes to figure out they didn’t love Fox’s live version of “Rent,” which ended up not being live at all.
– It’s still “Wakanda forever.” The superhero mega-hit “Black Panther” won for outstanding performance by an ensemble in a motion picture at Sunday night’s Screen Actors Guild Awards.