- White Elephant is a holiday gift exchange for $20 or less
- CNN Underscored compiled a wide range of low priced gift ideas
Ah, the season of gift giving. It can be a wonderful experience finding just the right gift for someone special.
But some holiday gift exchanges are a little different -- especially if you're participating in a white elephant version.
For those unfamiliar with this holiday tradition, it involves a group of people coming together to exchange, swap and "steal" gifts -- usually under a certain price point. The idea is to offer a gift that nobody needs, but most people would want.
We've gathered some possibilities, including a little bit of everything, and kept our price point at $20 or less, so you can focus on deciding what gift will be the big hit at your gift exchange this holiday season.
1. For any fan of a certain very popular TV series (redbubble.com; $11)
2. A 2019 Bob Ross wall calendar with paintings and advice from the man himself (thinkgeek.com; $14.99)
3. Soap that smells like beer - scent options include "Hoppy IPA" and "Tropical Lager" (amazon.com; $9.99)
4. This Burt's Bees trio (walmart.com; $12.68)
5. The most adorable set of retro Christmas mugs (worldmarket.com; $19.96)
6. This relatable tote bag (redbubble.com; $20)
7. A prosecco bellini candle (bloomingdales.com; $18)
8. This ceramic llama coin bank (worldmarket.com; $19.99)
9. A notepad featuring a cheesy pun (urbanoutfitters.com; $9.95)
10. A mug that lets you drink from the jaws of a shark (thinkgeek.com; $9.99)
11. This hilariously uncomfortable poster (redbubble.com; $12.88)
12. This adorable peach light (urbanoutfitters.com; $16)
13. This pocket speaker with lights that pulse with the music (thinkgeek.com; $19.99)
14. The cutest smartphone stand - perfect for any cat lovers (amazon.com; $7.99)
15. You can't go wrong with a rainbow corkscrew (amazon.com; $9.76)
16. A ceramic oil warmer that comes with three fragrance oils (walmart.com; $5.01)
17. A wire photo clip panel (worldmarket.com; $19.99)
18. This phone light clip for anyone with aspirations to be an Instagram model (amazon.com; $18.99)
19. This sassy doormat (amazon.com; $13.99)
20. A beard beanie (amazon.com; $17.99)