This page includes the show Transcript
The Weekly Newsquiz tests your knowledge of events in the news
October 26, 2018
This Friday, we’re updating you on the investigation into a series of suspected packages sent to prominent U.S. politicians and other public figures. Afterward, we’re taking you to the Korean Demilitarized Zone for a look at how part of it is actually demilitarizing. And after a report on the discovery of ancient artifacts in Peru, we’re introducing a Positive Athlete who’s making sure that the kids in her community get healthy food to eat.
1. Most of the migrants in a caravan that’s been advancing through Central and North America are from what country?
2. According to a recent survey by the National Retail Federation, Americans are expected to spend $9 billion on what event?
3. Today, the Intermediate-Range Nuclear Forces (INF) Treaty exists between the United States and Russia. With what nation did the U.S. sign the agreement in 1987?
4. What is the name of the major hurricane that made landfall in western Mexico this week?
5. Name two of the three places connected by the longest sea-crossing bridge on Earth, which opened for the first time on Wednesday.
6. What U.S. government agency is asking for help in its investigation of a series of suspicious packages addressed to prominent Democrats, a former CIA director, and an actor?
7. Several of the suspicious packages discussed in question 6 contained a return address from a U.S. congresswoman’s office in what state (though she’s not a suspect)?
8. U.S. Adm. James Foggo, the commander of American naval forces in Europe, says his concerns about Russia focus on what type of military vehicle?
9. What two countries recently pulled armed troops and armaments out of the Joint Security Area, part of the border that separates the nations?
10. In what nation were 20 intricate statues recently unearthed about 750 years after they were buried, according to researchers?
CNN 10 serves a growing audience interested in compact on-demand news broadcasts ideal for explanation seekers on the go or in the classroom. The show’s priority is to identify stories of international significance and then clearly describe why they’re making news, who is affected, and how the events fit into a complex, international society.
Thank you for using CNN 10