Pret a Manger to label food after schoolgirl's death

Natasha Ednan-Laperouse died of anaphylactic shock after eating a Pret a Manger sandwich.

London (CNN)Pret a Manger will list all its ingredients, including allergens, on freshly made products following the death of a 15-year-old girl who had an allergic reaction to a sandwich containing sesame seeds, to which she was allergic.

Natasha Ednan-Laperouse fell ill on a British Airways flight to Nice, France after buying an olive tapenade and artichoke baguette from a branch of Pret a Manger at London Heathrow Airport. She died later of anaphylactic shock, a UK medical coroner ruled last week.
Pret a Manger Chief Executive Clive Schlee said in a statement that the fast-food chain was "deeply sorry" for her death and hopes the food-labeling measures "set us on course to drive change in the industry so people with allergies are as protected and informed as possible."
The company will begin a trial of full ingredient labeling from November and in the coming weeks will ensure that "prominent allergen warning stickers are placed on all individual freshly made products" and add additional allergen warning signs in shops, it said in a statement seen by CNN.
    Coroner Sean Cummings said that Pret a Manger's labeling was "inadequate." "There was no specific allergen information on the baguette packaging or on the (food display cabinet) and Natasha was reassured by that," Cummings said on September 28.