Here’s what you might have missed on CNN today:
– President Trump lauded his tax bill again at a conservative conference. He also recited lyrics to an anti-immigrant song about snakes and said that a high school resource officer who stayed outside during the Florida high school shooting “doesn’t love the children,” as he mused about arming teachers. See our highlights here.
– Ex-Trump campaign aide Rick Gates pleaded guilty as part of the Russia probe. Gates is the third Trump associate known to be cooperating with special counsel Robert Mueller.
– Jared Kushner’s security clearance continues to be in question as the Russia investigation continues. President Trump says chief of staff John Kelly will make the decision.
–The Florida deputy who waited outside as a gunman targeted staff and students had glowing performance reviews. Broward County Sheriff Scott Israel said the video footage of his deputy’s inaction left him “sick to my stomach.”
– Following last week’s school shooting, Florida Gov. Rick Scott wants to raise the gun-buying age, ban bump stocks and toughen background checks.
– West Virginia teachers were absent for the second day in a row as they protest for higher wages and better benefits.
– A month after the House of Representatives passed sexual harassment legislation, Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand is urging the Senate to do the same.
– British actor and comedian Stephen Fry reveals he has prostate cancer.
– The Carolina Panthers could sell for more than $2.8 billion. According to the NFL Network, billionaire hedge fund manager David Tepper is in the running to buy the team.