Here’s what you might have missed on CNN today:
– After an epic weekend tweetstorm, a spokesman for the President says Trump is open to improving the federal background check system for gun purchases. (Here’s a look at what’s in a stalled Senate gun bill.)
– The Kremlin denies it influenced the 2016 US presidential election and dismisses the indictments of 13 Russian nationals.
– Trump ridiculed Oprah as “insecure” in a tweet after CBS aired a “60 Minutes” interview that addressed his presidency.
– Scientists are closer to developing blood and urine tests that could enable earlier detection of autism.
– KFCs in the UK are running out of chicken.
– Search and rescue teams found the site of an Iranian plane that crashed on Sunday, killing all 65 people on board.
– Wakanda! “Black Panther” had an epic opening weekend.
– Buzzing from the Olympics today: Despite a record number of Winter Olympians, the US has nabbed few medals. A Russian curler is suspected of doping. Lindsey Vonn vowed to stand up to trolls. And it was a fast stint at NBC for US figure skater Adam Rippon. Go here for a recap of the day and here for photos.