Here’s what you might have missed on CNN today:
Hurricane Harvey aftermath
– The White House accused Russia of trying to cover up chemical attacks in Syria. At the daily White House news briefing, press secretary Sean Spicer said Hitler “was not using the gas on his own people the same way that Assad is doing.”
– President Trump traveled to Texas, where he pledged storm recovery “better than before,” and then praised the crowd turnout.
In other news
– Trump fumed at White House staff over Phoenix venue appearing empty ahead of his rally event.
– The President indicated “all options are on the table” with North Korea after the rogue nation fired a missile over Japan.
– Illinois Attorney General Lisa Madigan sued the city of Chicago over the stalling of police reforms related to alleged discriminatory misconduct.
– US troops came under direct attack last week by Turkish-backed rebels in northern Syria, CNN reported.
– Israel demolishes newly built Palestinian schools, saying the schools were built illegally.
– Fox News will be pulled off the air in the UK after failing to attract an audience, 21st Century Fox said.
– Federal prisons are required to make tampons and pads available to female inmates.
– Kim Kardashian appeared in a cover shoot channeling Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis, prompting harsh criticism online.
– Just when you were starting to recognize your pizza delivery guy, self-driving technology with an oven may deliver to your door.