Here’s what you might have missed on CNN today:
– The White House accused Russia of trying to cover up chemical attacks in Syria. At the daily White House news briefing, press secretary Sean Spicer said Hitler “was not using the gas on his own people the same way that Assad is doing.”
– The White House held a press briefing with Sarah Huckabee Sanders after three weeks of radio silence. Live play-by-play here.
– Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell praised the Trump administration in a speech on Thursday morning, while Trump criticized him on Twitter saying “after hearing Repeal & Replace for 7 years, he failed! That should NEVER have happened!”
– White House director of rapid response Andrew Hemming departed the White House’s communications team.
– Two more charities canceled events at Trump’s Mar-a-Lago club in Palm Beach. That makes 15 organizations that have backed out since the President’s much-criticized comments about Charlottesville.
– The Navy suspended its search for nine missing USS McCain sailors after a collision near Singapore.
– “I will not be coming back,” Mavis Wanczyk of Massachusetts told her boss after winning the $758.7 million grand prize in Wednesday’s Powerball lottery.
– Amy Schumer cleared up some controversy about her salary compared to fellow comedians Chris Rock and Dave Chappelle. “I believe women deserve equal pay. However I don’t believe I deserve equal pay to Chris and Dave,” she posted on Instagram.
– Feeling blue? Google has a test for depression.
– Good news for Whole Foods shoppers: Its new owner Amazon is lowering food prices on Monday.
– Three days after the eclipse, Trump retweeted a meme about the celestial event. Spoiler: Obama is in it.