Here’s what you might have missed on CNN today:
Coming up this evening
– Speaker of the House Paul Ryan will join CNN’s Jake Tapper at a town hall at the conclusion of Trump’s address.
Eclipse of the century
– The first total solar eclipse to cross the United States in 99 years started in Oregon and ended in South Carolina.
– During totality in many cities, it went from day to night. Watch the first moment of totality here.
– Police shot and killed the suspected driver of the van that plowed into crowds last week in Barcelona.
– A 25-year-old man has been arrested after he was found with explosive material near a Confederate statue.
– The Secret Service cannot pay agents to protect Trump and his large family, according to a report.
– A new study says most moms aren’t putting their children to bed the right way.
– Have you ever been Rickroll’d? Foo Fighters concertgoers in Japan got an epic surprise as Rick Astley performed with the band on stage.