- Breast augmentation still takes the top spot, followed by liposuction and then nose jobs
- "I have seen a rise and fall -- pardon the pun -- in the size of breast implants," one surgeon says
(CNN)Cosmetic procedures are still increasingly popular in the United States, and a new report shows that most Americans are going under the knife to either change their faces or get rid of fat.
Vaginal, buttocks enhancements are trending
- Breast augmentation, which is intended to enlarge or change the shape of the breasts: 290,467 procedures.
- Liposuction, which is intended to remove excess body fat: 235,237 procedures.
- Nose reshaping, intended to alter the shape of the nose: 223,018 procedures.
- Eyelid surgeries, intended to lift sagging eyelids: 209,020 procedures.
- Facelifts, which are intended to enhance the appearance of sagging, drooping and wrinkled skin on the face and neck: 131,106 procedures.
- Botox, a drug that can be injected into the face in an effort to smooth the appearance of facial wrinkles: 7 million procedures.
- Soft-tissue fillers, which are injected in an effort to create a smoother or fuller appearance in the face or lips: 2.6 million procedures.
- Chemical peels, in which a chemical solution is applied to the skin in an effort to smooth wrinkles and create a younger appearance: 1.36 million procedures.
- Laser hair removal, intended to remove unwanted hair from various places on the body: 1.1 million procedures.
- Microdermabrasions, in which an instrument gently sands your skin to improve your complexion: 775,000 procedures.