- This page includes the show Transcript
- Use the Transcript to help students with reading comprehension and vocabulary
- The Weekly Newsquiz tests students' knowledge of events in the news
November 11, 2016
A highest-level meeting at the White House leads off today's show, covering a get-together of the U.S. president and president-elect. Afterward, a report on Veterans Day explores the history of the day itself and the sacrifices made by today's veterans and their families. And finally, a shipwreck tells tales off the northern coast of Lake Superior.
Please note that there may be a delay between the time when the video is available and when the transcript is published.
1. In what historic landmark did U.S. President Barack Obama and President-Elect Donald Trump meet on Friday?
2. What date is Inauguration Day, when U.S. President-Elect Donald Trump will be sworn into office?
3. In what city is the world's largest, annual marathon held?
4. What word describes the position in the moon's elliptical orbit when it is closest to Earth?
5. President Park Geun-hye, who has been accused of corruption, leads what nation?
6. Name one of the two U.S. states where the switch from Daylight-Saving Time to Standard Time is not observed statewide.
7. Name the chamber(s) of the U.S. Congress projected to be controlled by Republicans after Tuesday's vote.
8. What political position is held by Paul Ryan, one of the most powerful people in the U.S. Congress?
9. Name the U.S. protective branch that uses the code names "Mogul" and "Renegade" for the president-elect and the president.
10. The U.S. holiday Veterans Day was initially known by what name, which commemorated an event that ended World War I?
CNN Student News is created by a team of journalists who consider the Common Core State Standards, national standards in different subject areas, and state standards when producing the show.
Thank you for using CNN Student News!