- Organizations host volunteer opportunities nationwide on September 11
- Charities take donations in honor of victims
(CNN)Seventeen years ago, terrorists seized control of four airliners, killed 2,977 people and shook the national conscience of the United States. But the attacks of 9/11 also aroused a sense of patriotism, duty and civic resolve not seen in generations. That spirit of service continues to reverberate now.
Organizations host volunteer opportunities
Charities take donations in honor of 9/11 victims
- The FealGood Foundation provides advocacy and support to 9/11 responders who are now dealing with catastrophic health issues.
- The Families of Freedom Scholarship Fund distributes financial aid to children of 9/11 victims.
- Tuesday's Children supports youth and families impacted by terrorism.
- The Stephen Siller Tunnel to Towers Foundation sets up 5K runs nationwide to raise money for veterans and first responders who lost limbs in the line of duty.
- The Leary Firefighters Foundation helps fire departments buy new equipment.