- David Gergen: Clinton should have addressed elephant in the room -- distrust toward her
- Public leaders around the world are facing a growing crisis of public distrust, Gergen says
David Gergen is a senior political analyst for CNN and has been a White House adviser to four presidents. A graduate of Harvard Law School, he is a professor of public service and co-director of the Center for Public Leadership at the Harvard Kennedy School. Follow him on Twitter: @david_gergen. The opinions expressed in this commentary are his.
(CNN)On a historic night, Hillary Clinton proved that a woman nominee for president can deliver just as good an acceptance speech as a man -- and some would say, even better.
- Eric Liu: The patriotism of fighting Trump
- S.E. Cupp: Obama shows he's out of touch
- Paul Begala: Damn straight, Mr. President
- David Litt: There's a reason the Democrats convention is funnier than the GOP's
- Ed Morrissey: Will Bill Clinton's best effort be enough?
- Christine Quinn: What a moment: Hillary Clinton's nomination changes the world forever
- Jonathan Cristol: Why Clinton foreign policy won't be Obama 2.0
- Gene Healy: Will Kaine push for war powers reform?
- Russell Riley: How Bill Clinton's worst speech can help Hillary Clinton
- Amelia Thomson-DeVeaux: DNC puts disability issues front and center
- Interview with Carl Bernstein: Who is Hillary Clinton?
- Issac Bailey: Michelle Obama, classy and strong
- Timothy Stanley: DNC protests: spotlight on hypocrisy
- Raul A. Reyes: Did Bernie Sanders seal deal for Clinton?
- Kayleigh McEnany: Don't belittle Sanders supporters
- Buck Sexton: A rocky start for the Democrats
- Errol Lewis: Why Debbie Wasserman Schultz had to go
- Dan Malloy: Democrats want progress, GOP wants to regress
- Julian Zelizer: Lock her up? 4 ways for Hillary Clinton to strike back
- Ben Jealous: How Dems can write a better rulebook