The incidents occurred at Schlossgrabenfest
The open air music festival was held between Thursday and Sunday
More than two dozen young women reported they were sexually assaulted at a concert in Germany, authorities said.
The alleged incidents occurred Saturday night at Schlossgrabenfest, an open air music festival near Darmstadt town. The festival ran from Thursday to Sunday.
Police said it’s likely the sexual assaults could have happened in other locations as more women emerge in addition to the 26 who’ve come forward so far.
About 80,000 people attended the concert Saturday and 400,000 over its duration, police said.
Most of the reports were filed by women between ages 16 to 25, said Ferdinand Derigs, a spokesman for Darmstadt police.
As many as 10 men may have been involved in the assaults, he said.
Three Pakistani men have been arrested in connection with incident. The trio is between ages 28 and 31, and allegedly assaulted two or three women, authorities said.
One of the men has lived in Germany for some time, while the other two moved recently.
Sexual assaults linked to migrants have been a hot-button issue in Germany following a spate of mob sex attacks and muggings in the city of Cologne on New Year’s Eve.
Scores of women reported being sexually assaulted or robbed by gangs of men of Arab or North African appearance, sending shock waves through a country that has taken in more people than any other European nation in response to the migrant crisis.
CNN’s Nadine Schmidt reported from Berlin, and CNN’s Joshua Berlinger reported and wrote from Atlanta.