- This page includes the show Transcript
- Use the Transcript to help students with reading comprehension and vocabulary
- At the bottom of the page, comment for a chance to be mentioned on CNN Student News. You must be a teacher or a student age 13 or older to request a mention on the CNN Student News Roll Call.
- The Weekly Newsquiz tests students' knowledge of events in the news
October 9, 2015
Today, we're bringing you a special edition of CNN Student News. Today's show focuses on some of the economic issues facing the young members of the U.S. workforce. Who are the millennials? Why and how are many of them facing student loan debt? And how can they overcome some of the challenges of interviewing in a competitive job market?
On this page you will find today's show Transcript and a place for you to request to be on the CNN Student News Roll Call.
Please note that there may be a delay between the time when the video is available and when the transcript is published.
1. Name the U.S. state that, according to its governor, recently received levels of rain that had not been seen in a thousand years.
2. In what country would you find the city of Kunduz, where a Doctors without Borders charity hospital was bombed last weekend?
3. What type of animal, featured on Monday's show, has been used in Mozambique and some other countries to "sniff out" landmines?
4. Name the international trade agreement between 12 countries that has both support and opposition across U.S. party lines.
5. What Communist nation started to see a significant economic transformation after its government announced major reforms in 1978?
6. A vaccine currently in development is showing promise against what deadly virus, which has killed more than 11,000 people since an outbreak in March of 2014?
7. Name the agreements, signed in the 1990s and named for the capital of Norway, that pledged cooperation and coordination between Israelis and Palestinians.
8. Name the series of international agreements that date back to the 1800s and set rules for how civilians and captured or injured troops should be treated during wartime.
9. A farmer in what U.S. state found the remains of a woolly mammoth while planting crops?
10. What is the generational nickname for people born in the 1980s and 1990s?
if you need one mammoth discovery from Monday
CNN Student News is created by a team of journalists who consider the Common Core State Standards, national standards in different subject areas, and state standards when producing the show.
For a chance to be mentioned on the next CNN Student News, comment on the bottom of this page with your school name, mascot, city and state. We will be selecting schools from the comments of the previous show. You must be a teacher or a student age 13 or older to request a mention on the CNN Student News Roll Call!
Thank you for using CNN Student News!