Carly Fiorina came out strong in the first Republican presidential debate on Thursday night, landing multiple zingers on her opponents on stage and in the broader field.
After the debate, the former Hewlett-Packard CEO was the top-searched candidate on Google in more states than any of the other six early debate candidates.
Here are her five best lines:
1. “Hillary Clinton lies about Benghazi, she lied about emails, she is still defending Planned Parenthood, and she is still her party’s frontrunner.”
2. “[T]he potential of this nation and too many Americans is being crushed by the weight, the power, the cost, the complexity, the ineptitude, the corruption of the federal government.”
3. “I know more world leaders on the stage today than anyone running, with perhaps the exception of Hillary Clinton.”
4. “Since [Donald Trump] has changed his mind on amnesty, on health care and on abortion, I would just ask, what are the principles by which he will govern?”
5. “I didn’t get a phone call from Bill Clinton before I jumped in the race … maybe it’s because I hadn’t given money to the foundation or donated to his wife’s senate race.”