- It is the first time the ranking has included international actors
- International box office receipts propelled actors to top of the list
- Newcomers to the list also include Seth Rogen, Chris Pratt, and Jonah Hill
"The Avengers: Age of Ultron" star took home $80 million last year, according to the ranking
published Tuesday, helped by moviegoers in China where the film grossed a whopping $240 million.
The list of leading men saw Hong Kong action hero Jackie Chan, who stars in "Dragon Blade", come in second with $50 million. Vin Diesel was not far behind, netting $47 million for his part in "Furious 7."
It was the first time the ranking included international actors. Bollywood favorites Amitabh Bachchan and Salman Khan tied for 7th place, both earning $33.5 million. Akshay Kumar slid into 9th place with $32.5 million.
Rising stars and newcomers to the list included funnymen Seth Rogen ($17 million) who starred in the controversial film "The Interview," and Jonah Hill ($16 million).
The full list includes 33 actors from seven countries. Together they earned a combined $877 million before taxes and fees.
Forbes will be publishing a separate list of highest-paid actresses later.
The World's Highest-Paid Actors 2015 are:
1. Robert Downey Jr: $80 million
2. Jackie Chan: $50 million
3. Vin Diesel: $47 million
4. Bradley Cooper: $41.5 million
5. Adam Sandler: $41 million
6. Tom Cruise: $40 million
7. Amitabh Bachchan: $33.5 million
7. Salman Khan
: $33.5 million
9. Akshay Kumar: $32.5 million
10. Mark Wahlberg: $32 million