Pope Francis released a sweeping statement about the environment on Thursday, calling for “cultural revolution” to change our lifestyles – from our addiction to technology to our treatment of the poor.
The document is very long – 184 pages in English. But here are 10 quick commandments the Pope says everybody can follow to stop the “disturbing warming” of our planet.
1. Think of future generations.
2. Embrace alternative energy sources.
3. Consider pollution’s effect on the poor.
4. Take the bus!
5. Be humble.
6. Don’t become a slave to your phone.
7. Don’t trade online relationships for real ones.
8. Turn off the lights, recycle and don’t waste food.
9. Educate yourself.
10. Believe you can make a difference.