Lewis Hamilton wins Abu Dhabi GP
Nico Rosberg finishes second to clinch world title
Rosberg emulates father Keke who won '82 world title
Defending champion Lewis Hamilton did all he could to deny his Mercedes teammate in Abu Dhabi in the final race of the season but it was to no avail.
Hamilton led from start to finish, but, as so often this year, his teammate wasn’t far behind.
In finishing second, Rosberg did enough to clinch his first world drivers’ title to beat Hamilton by a slender five-point margin in the end.
Sebastian Vettel’s third place finish guaranteed fourth place in the final drivers’ standings with Max Verstappen having to settle for fifth.
In the constructors’ race, Force India confirmed fourth place – its highest-ever finish since joining the sport in 2008.
1. Nico Rosberg (GER/Mercedes) 385 pts
2. Lewis Hamilton (GBR/Mercedes) 380
3. Daniel Ricciardo (AUS/Red Bull) 256
4. Sebastian Vettel (GER/Ferrari) 212
5. Max Verstappen (NED/Red Bull) 204
6. Kimi Raikkonen (FIN/Ferrari) 186
7. Sergio Perez (MEX/Force India) 101
8. Valtteri Bottas (FIN/Williams) 85
9. Nico Hulkenberg (GER/Force India) 72
10. Fernando Alonso (ESP/McLaren) 54
1. Mercedes 765 (champions)
2. Red Bull 468
3. Ferrari 398
4. Force India 173
5. Williams 138
6. McLaren 76
7. Toro Rosso 63