The blood moon is a feast for your eyes.
But while you’re at it, why not a soundtrack to satisfy your cerebral side?
That’s where we come in.
The moon is visible for an hour starting at 6:25 a.m. ET Wednesday.
And here’s our playlist, perfectly timed to go the distance
1. ‘Moondance’ - Van Morrison
How could we not start with this classic?
2. ‘Bad Moon Rising’ - Credence Clearwater Revival
Bad. Blood. Close enough.
3. ‘Moonshadow’ - Cat Stevens
With the blood moon eclipse there’s plenty of shadow to go around
4. ‘Moon River’ - Eric Clapton and Jeff Beck
Just about everyone has covered this song, but these two do it so well.
5. ’ Fly Me to the Moon’ - Frank Sinatra
Ol’ Blue Eyes croons this one as only he can.
6. ‘Man on the Moon’ - REM
Here’s a little agit for you never believers.
7. ‘Walking on the Moon’ - The Police
This is the most arresting song we could find – The Police, get it?
8. ‘The Moon Song’ - Karen O & Ezra Koenig
Because we had to have a song from this year.
9. ‘Pink Moon’ - Nick Drake
Pink. Blood. It’s as close as we could get on the color chart.
10. ‘It’s Only a Paper Moon’ - Ella Fitzgerald
The First Lady of Song dishes up this classic - and put things in perspective.
11. ‘Bark at the Moon’ - Ozzy Osbourne
We’d recommend against it. That’s what your dog is for.
12. ‘Dancing in the Moonlight’ - King Harvest
What would a lunar eclipse be without some hippies?
13. ‘Moonlight Serenade’ - Glenn Miller
A little big band for the big blood moon
14. ‘Moonlight Sonata’ - Beethoven
To wrap up an hour of moon songs, we go way, way, way back.