Are these the coolest brands? – The annual CoolBrands Top 20 ranking is based on a survey of independent influencers and over 2,000 British consumers.
1. Apple – Apple retained its position as the coolest brand.
2. Aston Martin – High-end luxury brands continue to dominate the ranking with Aston Martin finishing second.
3. Nike – Nike is among the coolest brands, but its rival Adidas has dropped off the top 20.
4. CHANEL – CHANEL finished fourth.
5. Glastonbury – Glastonbury Festival is among the less traditional brands represented in the top 20.
6. Google – The online giant Google is the top technology brand in the ranking.
7. YouTube – Google's subsidiary YouTube is trailing right behind.
8. Dom Perignon – The Gallic champagne powerhouse Dom Perignon regained a top 20 position after a three-year absence.
9. Rolex – Rolex finished ninth this year, dropping lower down. It was third last year.
10. Netflix – The U.S. streaming and DVD service Netflix made its debut among the top 20 this year.
11. Bang and Olufsen – The innovative technology company Bang and Olufsen finished 11, rising one rank compare to last year.
12. Ray Ban – Sunglasses maker Ray Ban made it onto the top 20 cool brands list.
13. Alexander McQueen – Ranked as number 13, Alexander McQueen brand did better than last year when it finished 19th.