9. Etihad Airways – Comfortable with stylish fittings, Etihad airways offer business class seating to make you feel at home. The airline took 9th place in this year's World Airline Awards.
8. Asiana Airlines – South-Korean based Asiana airlines has a five star rating and has maintained sky high standards since its inception 26 years ago. The airline was awarded eighth place.
7. Garuda Indonesia – Garuda Indonesia scored eighth place in this year's awards. The airline has become an established brand for world class travel.
6. All Nippon Airways – First class seats on Japan's Nippon Airways provide closed off spaces for undisturbed relaxation. The airline took sixth place in this year's awards.
5. Turkish Airlines – With a fleet of 256 aircraft, Turkish Airlines is set to fly 60 million passengers this year thanks to a boost in trade and travel between Africa, Europe and Asia. Living up to its Turkish hospitality, the airline took fifth place in the World Airline Awards this year.
4. Emirates – Emirates slipped from first to fourth place in this year's airline awards. With a solid reputation for luxury and comfort, the airline provides amenities such as first class bathroom and shower fittings as shown here.
3. Singapore Airlines – Singapore Airlines took third place. The airline's economy seats are designed so that when you recline, you don't take up much space for the person behind you. Passengers also get individual reading lamps and in-seat power supply.
2. Qatar Airways – Based out of Doha, Qatar's national airline won second place in this year's World Airline Awards. The airline is known for its friendly cabin crew, impressive entertainment systems and cosy seats.
1. Cathay Pacific – Cathay Pacific has won world airline of the year several times. The Hong Kong-based airline lives up to its reputation with its scrumptious meals and comfortable seats across classes.