Dolphins place Jonathan Martin on reserve list
Martin said he was abused by teammates
Suspended Richie Incognito admits using n-word but says Martin is his friend
Incognito is appealing suspension
Jonathan Martin, who left the Miami Dolphins in October and accused teammates of violently harassing him, will not return to the field this season.
The National Football League team Saturday said Martin had been placed on the “reserve/non-football illness” list, making him ineligible to return until next season.
Martin’s attorney has said Martin, a tackle, was taunted and abused by teammates, one of whom physically attacked him.
The Dolphins suspended lineman Richie Incognito, who has acknowledged using the “n-word” and violent language in messages to Martin.
Incognito has said Martin is his friend. He said coarse language is a part of the locker room culture. He is appealing his suspension.
CNN Sports’ Christ Khodadadi contributed to this report.