- Summary of Sandy Hook shooting investigation to be released on Monday
- Family members of the victims have been informed of the report
- December 14 shooting left 26 dead, including 20 children
A report on the investigation into the Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting will be released on Monday, Connecticut state officials announced.
The report will provide a summary of the almost yearlong investigation from the December 14, 2012, shooting that left 26 people dead, including 20 children.
The summary of the second-deadliest shooting in U.S. history is expected to be about 50 pages long, according to Mark Dupuis, spokesman for Danbury State's Attorney, Stephen Sedensky, whose office conducted the investigation.
Victims' family members have been informed of the report, Dupuis told CNN on Friday.
Dupuis declined to provide details about when, where, and how the families were provided the details of the report.
"We are sensitive to the needs of the families and those needs are being addressed," Dupuis said.
The report, which will be available on the office's website Monday afternoon, is separate from a much longer evidence file that will be released by Connecticut State Police at an unspecified date.
The shooter, identified as 20-year-old Adam Lanza, had earlier killed his mother before shooting himself, officials said. His mother's body was found at the family's Newtown residence.