"We will now focus 100% of our efforts on 'Star Wars: Episode VII,' " Lucasfilm says
The revised 3-D release plans will be announced "at a later date"
"Star Wars: Episode VII" is set for release in 2015
The release of 3-D versions of “Star Wars” Episodes II and III, previously planned for next fall, have been postponed while Lucasfilm focuses on new episodes, the company said Monday.
“Given the recent development that we are moving forward with a new Star Wars trilogy, we will now focus 100% of our efforts on “Star Wars: Episode VII” in order to ensure the best possible experience for our fans,” Lucasfilm said.
The revised 3-D release plans will be announced “at a later date,” it said.
The announcement comes three months after Disney bought Lucasfilm for $4 billion and just days after it revealed that J.J. Abrams has been signed to direct the next Star Wars episode.
“Star Wars: Episode VII” is set for release in 2015.