Steven D. Kravetz was arrested without incident Saturday at his mother's home in Olympia, Washington, police say.

For more on this story, go to CNN affiliate KOMO

Story highlights

NEW: An injured judge says he never saw the suspect before, KOMO reports

34-year-old Steven Kravetz is arrested at his mother's home

Authorities recover a gun taken from a deputy

The judge and an officer were wounded at a courthouse in Montesano, Washington

CNN  — 

Authorities arrested Saturday a suspect who allegedly shot a female officer, stabbed a judge and fled a Washington state courthouse, an official said.

Steven D. Kravetz, 34, was arrested at his mother’s home in Olympia without incident, Undersheriff Rick Scott with the Grays Harbor County Sheriff’s Department said. The mother called authorities to tell them where he was after hearing media reports about the incident, he said.

Authorities also recovered a gun taken from the officer during the confrontation, Scott said.

Scott said the man gave his name as Michael Thomas when the officer approached him shortly after noon Friday inside the Grays Harbor County Courthouse in Montesano. Authorities, however, later identified the suspect Kravetz on a poster seeking the public’s help in finding him Saturday.

The poster said Kravetz could be with Roberta Dougherty, whom CNN affiliates in the Seattle area identified as Kravetz’s mother.

Police said Roberta Dougherty told authorities where they could find her son.

Before the attack, Kravetz took a bus from Olympia to Montesano, CNN affiliate KOMO reported. He called his mom after the attack and she reportedly gave him a ride home, it said.

“He attacked (the officer) with a sharp-edged instrument,” Scott said. “The judge rushed to the aid of the officer and actually struck the suspect physically, knocking him off of the deputy.” The suspect cut Superior Court Judge David Edwards in the neck.

Deputy Polly Davin attempted to draw her weapon, but the suspect knocked her to the floor and took the weapon, officials said.

The suspect fired twice, hitting the deputy once in the shoulder. Seattle affiliates said the man left the courthouse with the handgun.

“He got the gun away from the deputy and went, ‘Pop, pop!’ And turned to look at me, and went out of the courthouse with the gun in his hand,” Edwards said, KOMO reported.

The judge told the station he had never seen the suspect before the incident.

Both Edwards and the officer were treated and released from a hospital, authorities said.

CNN’s Phil Gast, Deanna Proeller, Greg Morrison and Maria P. White contributed to this report.