Every day we ask influential politicos to send us their top three bullet points that are driving the day’s conversation inside and outside Washington.
RedState.Com Editor Erick-Woods Erickson:
- The GOP race seems quite settled. It’s just that the race has settled for “Not Romney”. The reason the race is so volatile is “Not Romney” is not on the ballot.
- Newt Gingrich is going to have two issues he must contend with – Senator Tom Coburn and now deceased CNN contributor and journalist Robert Novak. Both wrote scathing profiles of a guy they viewed as talking the conservative talk, but walking the establishmentarian go-along to get along walk.
- Meanwhile, National Journal ran an interesting piece yesterday on Barack Obama’s narrowing path to victory. If the economy improves, so will his changes for re-election. But it seems everyone is expecting another recession. I don’t think he can blame the GOP for it when it happens, but he’ll try.
Firedoglake.com Blogger/Founder Jane Hamsher:
- Pepper Spray Developer: It Has Become Fashionable to Use Chemicals on People with Opinions
- Latest #OccupySupply Update – Coats Arrive!
- Independents Turned Strongly Against Obama in 2011
Editor’s Note: The blog is a place for a freewheeling exchange of ideas and opinions. CNN does not endorse anything said by its contributors.