Every day we ask influential politicos to send us their top three bullet points that are driving the day’s conversation inside and outside Washington.
RedState.Com Editor Erick-Woods Erickson:
- There’s another debate in Florida tonight. I’m finding more and more Perry supporters are just finally accepting the truth that he is not a good debater. Still, more polling out of Florida shows Perry has not been hurt too badly by his performances.
- I would not be surprised if the next big wave of attacks on Perry center on immigration. Texas has seen a huge influx of immigrants and Perry has supported giving illegal aliens who came into Texas as children access to state schools at the in-state rate.
- President Obama’s polling continues to go down as he makes amends with his base. The question is whether by making amends with his base, is he further alienating independent voters. Signs point to yes.
Senior Editor of MarioWire.com Mario Solis-Marich:
- Third Down: Speaker Boehner fails another leadership test in the House of Representatives as he can’t get the necessary votes for disaster relief funding; can anybody explain why he receives a pass on his failed Speakership?
- Side Line Coaching: Wall Street protests go largely unnoticed, tip to protesters: hold up signs blaming Obama and watch the media swarm!
- Instant Pre-Play: Another GOP debate tonight, here is a pre-cap: “Social Security is a Ponzi scheme”, “no its not”, “Obama is the cause of every problem known to humanity” and “the rich are our friends” – now you can spend your time watching something else…you’re welcome.
Editor’s Note: The blog is a place for a freewheeling exchange of ideas and opinions. CNN does not endorse anything said by its contributors.