Every day we ask influential politicos to send us their top three bullet points that are driving the day’s conversation inside and outside Washington.
Firedoglake.com Blogger/Founder Jane Hamsher:
- WikiLeaks Docs Reveal Eight Unreliable Detainees, Tortured Confessions Responsible for Hundreds of Cases at Guantanamo.
- Romney: War is Peace; “Peacetime” Line Presumes Ignorance is Strength in ’12 Campaign.
- Obama Declares Bradley Manning Guilty, Makes Fair Trial Impossible.
RedState.Com Editor Erick-Woods Erickson:
- Ryan Lizza reports in the New Yorker that the Obama Administration’s foreign policy is to “lead from behind” thinking that the US is in decline. The Wall Street Journal reports today that China and Pakistan are trying to get Afghanistan to break up with us. So now the US shakes up its National Security team. Talk about reactionary.
- The birth certificate is out. Where are the college transcripts?
- In a multi-week period with Republicans out of town, you’d think the Obama Administration could have set and controlled the media narrative. Instead, they screwed it up and have spent the last few weeks on defense. What’s going on over there?
Editor’s Note: The blog is a place for a freewheeling exchange of ideas and opinions. CNN does not endorse anything said by its contributors