Every day we ask influential politicos to send us their top three bullet points that are driving the day's conversation inside and outside Washington.
Be in the know: Today's political bullet points
RedState.Com Editor Erick-Woods Erickson:
- In the eight days it took Congress to cut $38.5 billion, the national debt went up over $50 billion.
- President Obama will now get serious about cutting the debt with more of the same -- tax increases.
- The big fight now moves to the debt ceiling and what Republicans will get out of it.
Senior Editor of MarioWire.com Mario Solis-Marich:
- Insight: Obama avoids a fight, Boehner picks a fight, Reid Boxes.
- Out of Sight: A big budget leadership moment arrives and the new GOP rising star Marco Rubio looks the other way.
- Out of Mind: Trump brings the birther madness to the popular culture much to the dismay of mainstream Republicans…anyone for Tea?
Editor’s Note: The blog is a place for a freewheeling exchange of ideas and opinions. CNN does not endorse anything said by its contributors