Every day we ask influential politicos to send us their top three bullet points that are driving the day’s conversation inside and outside Washington.
RedState.Com Editor Erick-Woods Erickson:
- Well look at that. Justice David Prosser has won in Wisconsin it would seem. A computer error caused 14,000 votes to not be reported to the Associated Press, which had been running the numbers. Prosser actually had an additional 7200+ votes than were reported.
- A shutdown is imminent. Barack Obama has it within his power to make sure our soldiers get paid during the shutdown and not by delayed pay.
- Keep in mind, the only reason we are at this point is because when the Democrats controlled Congress, they failed to pass a budget. It was the first time since the passage of the budget act in 1974 that a Congress had not passed a budget.
Firedoglake.com Blogger/Founder Jane Hamsher:
- Democrats: Boehner Not in Control, Conservative Hardliners Want to Impose Social Agenda.
- Quantico Blocks Official Visits by UN, Amnesty, and Rep. Kucinich to Bradley Manning.
- Obama’s Key Vulnerability in 2012: He Hasn’t Delivered Change.
Editor’s Note: The blog is a place for a freewheeling exchange of ideas and opinions. CNN does not endorse anything said by its contributors