Every day we ask influential politicos to send us their top three bullet points that are driving the day’s conversation inside and outside Washington.
RedState.Com Editor Erick-Woods Erickson:
- Mitch Daniels, in asking his Republican lawmakers to stand down on right to work legislation, is yet again showing extraordinary tone deafness unfit for a national political campaign.
- Expect Republicans in Washington to fold like a cheap suit when pushed on spending cuts. They are more afraid of a government shutdown than they are the tea party movement.
- Rahm Emanuel wins the Chicago mayor’s race giving Chicago its first mute mayor. Emanuel was rendered a mute in his teenage years when his middle finger got cut off.
Firedoglake.com Blogger/Founder Jane Hamsher:
- Wisconsin’s Walker Signs Bill Requiring 2/3 Majority for Tax Increases.
- Scott Walker: I Have to Bust the Unions Because We Need More Tax Cuts.
- The New Normal: Deficit Debate Reigns Supreme Among Washington Establishment.