Every day we ask influential politicos to send us their top three bullet points that are driving the day’s conversation inside and outside Washington.
RedState.Com Editor Erick-Woods Erickson:
- Libya continues to heat up and the Obama Administration seems flatfooted again.
- With Wisconsin and Indiana Democrats are fleeing the state, the next National Geographic Channel documentary will be on the migratory pattern of AWOL Democrats.
- The Scott Walker showdown in Wisconsin is a winning issue for the GOP.
Senior Political Columnist for TheDailyBeast.com John Avlon:
- Libya looks like the next North African dictatorship domino to fall - When your own U.N. ambassador starts saying things like, “The regime of Gadhafi has already started the genocide against the Libyan people”, this genie ain’t going to get put back in the bottle. Let’s hope the violence doesn’t escalate.
- Chicago Mayoral Election: Today’s the day - Rahm Emanuel versus Gery Chico and former Senator Carol Mosley Braun. It’s all about who gets over 50 percent in this non-partisan election, and a run-off could mean trouble for Rahm. But here’s a question - why did Chicago decide to make their mayoral election in February? To encourage voter turnout?
- Wisconsin Protests Go On - With the White House trying to distance itself from Wisconsin protestors - some of whom have wielded wingnutty signs comparing their governor to a Nazi, the real debate is one about the long term costs of public sector collective bargaining - something even FDR opposed. All or nothing stands - whether a refusal to negotiate or Democrat legislators running to hide in a neighboring state - aren’t going to solve the budget impasse. But get ready for more debates about the disproportionate power and tax-payer costs of public sector unions.