Everyday we ask influential politicos to send us their top three bullet points that are driving the day’s conversation in and outside Washington.
Talk Show Host and Online Editor of MyLatinoNews.com Mario Solis-Marich:
- Right Hook: Half of the 2011 deficit increase is due to the extension of the Bush tax cuts, where is the big revenue increase from the “job creators” conservatives promised???
- Low Blow: The official response to the State of the Union sets a new low for America bashing as the GOP infers that US workers yearn for “hammocks”.
- Fake Punch: Secretary of Homeland Security Napolitano dumps color coding terror alert system in an attempt to appear anti-Orwellian as she continues to call the mass deportation program of working heads of households “Secure Communities”.
RedState.Com Editor Erick-Woods Erickson:
- Republican Senators like Saxby Chambliss (R-GA) are suggesting the new guys like Mike Lee and Rand Paul be seen and not heard. That won’t go over well.
- Turns out Barack Obama may have a problem. He wants to end “subsidies” for oil companies, but generally they are also the natural gas explorers. You hurt the oil companies and you essentially also hurt natural gas providers.
- Senate Democrats are not happy about President Obama’s pledge to veto legislation filled with earmarks. Let’s see if he’ll keep that promise.