is a digital publication that covers architecture, design and art.
In times of global and economic uncertainty, many chose to take stock and hold off on making major financial decisions. Like, say, dropping millions of dollars on a mansion with its own helipad.
Many, but not all.
In fact, 2016 was a record breaking year when it comes to the most expensive homes sold.
Here is a list of the five most eye-watering residential property deals over the last 12 months -- with octogenarian lodgers and all:
- Taohuayuan, Suzhou ($154m)
- The Penthouse, 432 Park Avenue, New York ($87.7m)
- Crespi Hicks Estate, Texas ($100m)
- 301 N Carolwood Drive, California ($100m)
- The Playboy Mansion, California ($100m)
Head to The Spaces
to see more expensive homes.